• Designed specifically for beginners with no prior CAD experience
• Uses a hands-on, exercise-intensive, tutorial style approach
• Teaches you parametric and 3D modeling using Autodesk Fusion 360
• Features a dedicated chapter on 3D printing
Parametric Modeling with Autodesk Fusion 360 contains a series of thirteen tutorial style lessons designed to introduce Autodesk Fusion 360, solid modeling and parametric modeling techniques and concepts. This book introduces Autodesk Fusion 360 on a step-by-step basis, starting with constructing basic shapes, all the way through to the creation of assembly drawings and 3D printing your own designs.
This book takes a hands on, exercise intensive approach to all the important parametric modeling techniques and concepts. Each lesson introduces a new set of commands and concepts, building on previous lessons. The lessons guide you from constructing basic shapes to building intelligent solid models, assemblies and creating multi-view drawings.
This book also introduces you to the general principles of 3D printing including a brief history of 3D printing, the types of 3D printing technologies, commonly used filaments, and the basic procedure for printing a 3D model. 3D printing makes it easier than ever for anyone to start turning their designs into physical objects, and by the end of this book you will be ready to start printing out your own designs.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started
2. Parametric Modeling Fundamentals
3. Constructive Solid Geometry Concepts
4. Model History Tree
5. Parametric Constraints Fundamentals
6. Geometric Construction Tools
7. Parent/Child Relationships and the BORN Technique
8. Part Drawings and 3D Annotations
9. Datum Features and Auxiliary Views
10. Introduction to 3D Printing
11. Symmetrical Features in Designs
12. Advanced 3D Construction Tools
13. Assembly Modeling - Putting It All Together