Whether you’re a new runner training for your first race or an experienced marathoner with thousands of miles under your soles, this cutting-edge book will keep you on the road (or trail) and running stronger than ever.
“If you want to achieve your distance-running goals, this book is for you.”—Meb Keflezighi, champion marathoner and author of Meb for Mortals
Along with comprehensive, illustrated information on running health and injury prevention, Dr. Jordan Metzl’s Running Strong also includes exclusive videos addressing issues such as shin splints, plantar fasciitis, stress fractures, runner’s knee, and more. Not only will runners be able to read about how they can treat and prevent dozens of medical issues (from bonking to cramping to chafing), they’ll be able to walk into a top-level video consultation 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Inside you’ll find:
● A basic overview of healthy running, with emphasis on developing a strong kinetic chain
● The science behind improving your running form and performance
● Prescriptions for preventing and treating a multitude of running injuries and maladies
● Dozens of step-by-step stretches and exercises to help strengthen and increase the flexibility of key running muscles
● Useful information on proper nutrition and hydration
● And much more!